Contact us Start Up
Your business is born and now exists legally. You are delivering some products, services to customers, though not necessarily at a profit.
Not underestimating cash needs and time to market.
Sources of Finance:
Personal savings, income, friends, relatives, customers, suppliers, venture capital, government grants.
Just in time.
Congratulations! You’ve started a business, perhaps even made your first sales. At this stage, you are primarily concerned with establishing and maintaining a solid customer base while managing very tight cash flow. Where to now? What plans, process, systems, do you have in place to establish and maintain your foothold in the market?
Start Up entrepreneurs are often so busy working in the business, that they have little time for accessing strategic external advice. Canberra BusinessPoint (CBP) understand this and will not sell you a set of ‘the emperor’s new clothes’. It provides targeted, strategic and, above all, honest, feedback on the current state of your business. Advice, mentoring and appropriate referral can provide the practical assistance you need, ‘just in time’.
Typical questions at this stage:
- How do I protect (and defend) my intellectual property?
- How do I differentiate my offering from those of my competitors and gain a solid foothold in the market?
- How can I better understand the market I am trying to sell to?
- How can I consolidate and refine my products and/or services to ensure they are attractive to the market?
- How do I assess my pricing against that of my competitors?
- How can I gain access to marketing strategies and services?
- Do you know someone who can help me manage my books?
- Can I get help in managing my cashflow?
- Can I get help with understanding my profit & loss and balance sheet?
- Can you help with advice about employing people?
- Can you recommend someone who can help me with my website?
- What government regulations are applicable to my business?
- How can I put in place quality systems to ensure the products or services I deliver are consistent, replicable and of high quality?